For the past 41 years, our volunteers have not only been the face, but have also represented the heart and soul of the West Side Catholic Center. It is only through the tireless efforts of our over 500 volunteers that the WSCC is able to respond to the community's need for food, clothing, shelter, and advocacy year after year.
"Everybody can be great because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve. You don't have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve. You only need a heart full of grace, a soul generated by love." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
The West Side Catholic Center offers volunteer opportunities for young and old, individuals and groups, primarily Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm:
- Cooking and serving meals
- Sorting, folding, and distributing clothing and household goods
- Playing with children
- Tutoring adults - Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:30 to 3:30 pm
- Mentoring, Resource Center greeter
- Answering phone calls, morning and afternoon shifts
- Sharing other talents or skills
- Assisting with Creative Arts Program
If you are interested in learning more about volunteering or offering your time, please contact Veronica Favela, Advancement Manager, by email or phone at 216-631-4741 x122. Information session required.
All volunteers of the West Side Catholic Center are required to read the Volunteer Manual and complete the organizational volunteer training process.