View our 2018 Moriah House Fact Sheet

The Moriah House Family Shelter accepts single women and families who are homeless, have resided in substandard living conditions, or are victims of domestic violence.

These families are challenged with issues of economic hardship, physical and emotional trauma, chemical dependency, mental illness, physical illness, lack of education, or lack of employment.  All residents meet Ohio’s guidelines for extremely low or low income levels with over 90% in the extremely low-income category.

Moriah House provides a full range of transitional services that assist residents in moving from homelessness to stable housing and employment through these basic programs:

  • Interim housing provides a safe and nurturing place to live, meals, and all other basic necessities.

  • Case management services enable each resident to work directly with skilled staff to develop her individualized plan for permanent housing, stable income, self-sufficiency, and education/training.

  • Family Services staff work with the children and their mothers to address each child’s unique mental, physical, social, and educational needs. Trauma-specific interventions are coordinated with other social service agencies, medical professionals and educators.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter by mail to U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339 or (800 845-6136 (Spanish). 

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.