WSCC has put an increasing focus on providing services that move clients toward self-sufficiency. WSCC provides programming in adult education, workforce development and financial literacy. These services are integrated and coordinated to ensure that clients receive maximum benefit from these resources.
Workforce Development Program
The Employment Program offers individualized employment services while working with existing community organizations to address other critical needs that impact employment. The program deals with the causes of underemployment and provides the skills needed to secure employment and remain employed. This is accomplished through the following program activities and components:
• Assessment - a comprehensive and holistic approach to assessing a client’s strengths, interests, skills and barriers.
• Employment Clinics - over 24 topics are included in the curriculum and include: reviews resume building, interview preparation, networking, motivation, conflict resolution, stress management, team building and many more.
• Job Club - provides clients with additional classroom reinforcement and individualized help with their job search.
• Job Development - strategically partners with local businesses to match clients’ skills and interests to an employer with corresponding needs.
• Employment Mentoring - provides support and coaching through the job search and job maintenance process. This relationship maximizes the likelihood of sustained, stable employment.
Workforce Development Certificate Program :: A two-week required program for all clients in the Employment Program. Participation and completion of this program is required for clients to receive any incentives, or to participate in onsite interviews or job fairs. Class schedule and topics repeat every two weeks. The Workforce Development Certificate Program is offered Monday through Friday from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
After the completion of the Workforce Development Certificate Program, clients will have the option to participate in one-on-one job search assistance or the Alison Certificate Customer Service Program. Depending on the individual’s goals, clients will be assisted in enrollment in the new online High School Diploma/Career Certificate Program, which offers certification in Homeland Security, Food and Hospitality, Customer Service, Office Management, Childcare, Certified Commercial Driving, Protection Officer or general career preparation. These are identified by the State of Ohio as fields with a high demand.
Week one starts on the following dates (schedule subject to change):
January 16 and 30
February 13 and 27
March 13 and 27
April 10 and 24
May 8 and 22
June 5 and 19
Looking for a job? Click to view our recommended job listing sources.
Adult Education Program
Offers a free, individualized program in a safe, supportive learning environment and the most qualified and attentive tutors. We enable adults to pursue their educational goals, equipping them for greater financial, personal and professional potential. Also a site for the State of Ohio ACT WorkKeys assessment where clients can acquire scoring to qualify them for jobs with over 15,000 employers.
Adult Education/ACT WorkKeys Training :: Offered on Tuesday's and Thursdays from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM. The ACT WorkKeys Assessment can be taken each Wednesday from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
Assists clients with navigating the process of establishing a bank account, creating budgets, improving credit record and saving money. Financial planning is an essential survival tool in today’s economic environment.
The staff of Economic Opportunities is always looking to collaborate and partner with other organizations and potential employers. For more information contact: Economic Opportunities Manager - 216-631-4741 ext. 167